10 Top Reasons Why I Love My Mac Computer!
Are you a PC user running windows? If so, you will readily identify with all the problems that face a PC user – new devices have to be configured, drivers need to be updated, you get visits from the dreaded Blue Screen of Death every so often, you have to install anti-virus, firewalls, and a myriad other packages just to keep your PC running and stable.
PC users spend most of their time troubleshooting and tweaking their PCs to improve performance and maintain them. But life is not like that with a Mac. As Mac users are fond of saying ‘The Mac just works’! Here are the reasons why I love my Mac:
1. Synergy of Hardware and Software – Unlike a PC where one company makes the hardware and other companies make the software and you are the one who struggles to integrate both, Apple makes both the software and hardware for the Mac which ensures you don’t have any compatibility issues.
2. Truly Plug and Play – When you buy a device for the Mac, you plug it in and that’s it – 99% of the time, you are ready to go. The Mac has drivers for practically all the devices compatible with the Mac and the Operating System (OS) does all the work
3. Great Look and Feel – The look and feel of the Graphic User Interface (GUI) used in the Mac is great – that figures, since Macs were the first computers to have GUI-based interaction using a mouse.
4. Aesthetics – The Macs look good! If this reason seems trivial to you, just look at the clunky computers littering the marketplace and you’ll immediately begin to appreciate the design effort that has gone into making the Mac look good.
5. Mac OSX – The Mac OSX is one of the most advanced Operating Systems available and is based on UNIX. The Mac OS is one of the major reasons why people who switchover to the Mac, Stick to it. The OS just about takes care of itself with updates and most of the housekeeping performed automatically in the background.
6. State of the Art CPU – Mac uses the same Pentium CPU that powers your PC and the speed and other parameters are as good as any PC
7. Intelligent Device Management – Macs are good at detecting the device you connect to them and automatically open the software to be used with the device without any user intervention, even if the device is being connected for the first time.
8. Hassle-free Networking – The Mac can automatically detect wireless networks, freeing you from configuring Wi-fi networks yourself. You can connect the Mac easily to a Local area Network just like any PC.
9. Microsoft Office – If you are comfortable with Microsoft Office and don’t want to change over to another office suite, the Mac can run all components of the MS-Office.
10. Missing Windows? If you like the Mac hardware but still hanker after Windows, you could install windows on the Mac – In fact, like a PC you could run any or multiple OS on the Mac.
Ms. Pinky is a Computer Support Specialist for more than 25 years. Has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, MS Research work in Systems Engineering.
Get more free computer tips on her blog at http://www.computerhelpdeskandsupport.com/